Samsung YP-R0 Hacked Firmware

Iniciado por lebellium, 21 de Julio de 2011, 09:34:11 AM

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

lebellium

Here it is!!!  :D

We are pleased to announce you that the 1st modded firmware for the YP-R0 is now released.
It has been a long work so we hope you will enjoy it!

Alternative Download Link 1
Alternative Download Link 2

It works like a normal firmware. Just put the R0.ROM file at the root of your R0 and the device will upgrade the firmware when your reboot it. If you're not satisfied with it, you can downgrade to the official firmware 1.25 without any problem (tested).

Read-me file by Lorenz092:

###############################################################
                   YP-R0 firmware mod
- just some fixes and improvements for our beloved player -
##############################################################

Latest Version: v2.00
Based on firmware: v1.25
NOTE: this firmware is as stable as the original one. Don't expect some great improvements ;)
Remember this is a first release...

#### Changelog ####

** Version: 2.00 - 27/07/2011 **

- Improved and corrected some languages (Italian, French, Spanish, Russian)
- Battery status (bars) colored (Green, Yellow and Red)
- Reset by holding power key time lowered from 10 secs to 5 secs (easier and safer to turn off completely the device)
- Removed startup and shutdown sounds

#### TODO ####
Maybe in future versions...

- include the cpu downclocking tool (from 532 mHz to 200 mHz-> doubles battery life!)
- the player is kept in "Sleep mode" for more than 8 hrs: lower this to 1 hr
- when headphone is detached, it stops player. Could be annoying
- try to tune some register in the as3543 codec to improve quality or power save
- try to symlink microSD to internal memory to include its content songs in the database too!

- more and more to come...

#### Credits ####

__ Lead developer, Italian Language, System Mods __

<Lorenzo92 aka MemoryN70>

__ Community Manager, beta tester and French Language __

<lebellium>

__ Spanish Language __

<fray_luis> and <Klakring>

__ Russian Language __

<Night_demon> and <5TORM>

...Finally thanks to abi forum too!!

#### Disclaimer ####

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Pictures

-New battery status bar:

-Spanish language

adrigd

Reproductores Galaxy S4
IEMs: Shure SE846//FA-4E XB//Q-Jays v.2
Orejeros: Beyerdinamic DT770//Focal Spirit Pro
DAC: JDS Labs ODAC
Amplis: HA INFO NG27
Altavoces: Audioengine A2

disgus

klakring

Thanks, nice job! Works perfect :perfect:
Repros: Sansa Clip+ RB / Fuze v2 LOD RB, Samsung R0
IEMs: Brainwavz M2, F.A. Eterna Rev.1, Audéo PFE 112
Amps: FiiO E5, SoundMagic A10
Otros: FiiO S5K / N3

Jacm_

Merci bien!!

Enhorabuena también a fray_luis y klakring, ya sois famosos  :gafas:
Reproductores:  Sansa Fuze+ // Ipod Classic 7G 160gb USA
Auriculares: AKG K550 // Vsonic VSD1SE // Koss PortaPro // Phonak Audeo PFE // Vsonic VSD1
Otros: HiFimeDIY // Headstage Arrow 4G // Logitech S715i // Fiio S5k

fray_luis

fray_luis

It works! Thanks again.

La verdad es que si logran integrar la tarjeta con la memoria del reproductor ya seria la pera porque considero que es el peor 'punto negro' de este repro.

disgus

Cita de: fray_luis en 29 de Julio de 2011, 04:03:45 AM
It works! Thanks again.

La verdad es que si logran integrar la tarjeta con la memoria del reproductor ya seria la pera porque considero que es el peor 'punto negro' de este repro.
Si logran integrar la tarjeta, doblar la duración de batería y ademas costando en redcoon 32 euros. Sin lugar a dudas sería el mejor reproductor calidad/precio del mercado.

klakring

¿Habéis notado alguna disminución en la batería con este firmware? A mí me está durando poquísimo, sobre 2 horas con audio :-?

lebellium

I spoke with the developer. It's impossible the battery life is worse in fw 2.00 than in fw 1.25. The modifications we made cannot change battery life  ;-)
But in next modded firmware, battery life will be better than any previous official firmware thanks to the CPU downclocking mode (532Mhz > 400 or 200Mhz)  :gafas:

klakring

Thanks for your reply.

It's curious, I'll test it again..

ps: Regarding downclocking, will be an optional function? Sounds great ^^

lebellium

CPU downclocking should be user-selectable (default 532Mhz or 400 or 200) through a small script file added to the NAND.
The next firmware should be released in the coming days but I can't tell you exactly when because the developer is also working on the Rockbox port and the modded fw has to be fully tested before the release.

edit:
BTW: is the new spanish translation of the UI OK or is there something to change in next mod?

lebellium

Hehe :D

We are pleased to announce that the 2nd modded firmware for the YP-R0 is now released. The main feature is the Device Rescue Kit which may save your life, or at least your R0 sooner or later (see below for more information). At first we had planned to include the CPU downloading tool too but evaluating the efficiency (=benchmarking the difference of battery life) takes quite much time and Lorenzo spent much time on the well progressing Rockbox port these days. This is why we decided to include it in next version instead.

Alternative Download Link 1
Alternative Download Link 2

It works like a normal firmware. Just put the R0.ROM file at the root  of your R0 and the device will upgrade the firmware when your reboot  it. If you're not satisfied with it, you can downgrade to the official  firmware 1.25 without any problem (tested).

###############################################################
                   YP-R0 firmware mod
- just some fixes and improvements for our beloved player -
##############################################################

Latest Version: v2.10
Based on firmware: v1.25
NOTE: this firmware is as stable as the official firmware 1.25.
This new release includes the DRK - Device Rescue Kit - that allows a normal user to restore a bricked device with a normal microSD card! Forget Samsung repair centers...

#### Changelog ####

** Version: 2.10 - 08/08/2011 **

- BIG: DRK
- Some minor fixes in Italian and French language (NOTE: please give us an hand with translations in other languages!!)

** Version: 2.00 - 27/07/2011 **

- Improved and corrected some languages (Italian, French, Spanish, Russian)
- Battery status (bars) colored (Green, Yellow and Red)
- Reset by holding power key time lowered from 10 secs to 5 secs (easier and safer to turn off completely the device)
- Removed startup and shutdown sounds

#### TODO ####
Maybe in future versions...

- include the cpu downclocking tool (from 532 mHz to 200 mHz-> doubles battery life!)
- the player remains in "Sleep mode" for more than 8 hrs: lower this to 1 hr
- when headphone is unplugged, music playback is stopped. Could be annoying
- try to tune some register in the as3543 codec to improve quality or power save
- try to symlink microSD to internal memory to include its content songs in the database too!

- more and more to come...

#### F.A.Q. ####

1. Oh shit! My player won't boot anymore ... maybe it's bricked! What to do?
- Well I hope you installed (at least) the version 2.10 of the modded firmware. So that you can use a microSD card to use rescue tools. If your firmware version is not 2.10 or more recent, well go to the first Samsung repair center. After that, install promptly my modded firmware!!!
  Now follow DRK instructions ;=)
  Please try these options in order: Backup_settings, Clean_database, Delete_settings and finally Nand_Killer. Nand_killer is not necessary if device is already unbricked deleting database or settings.

2. Hey! Your DRK didn't work...
  - Strange! After formatting everything I'm sure your device is clean. Maybe you did something wrong. Just retry.
  If you still face the issue, just send me an email or write a post on the ABI forum for more help!!

3. I have no microSD card!
  - Just buy one if you don't want to give money to Samsung. No other way to unbrick the device is available now.

4. This FAQ is soo short...
  - Just contact Lorenzo92 or lebellium for more info...

#### DRK aka Device Rescue Kit ####

This framework works with a normal microSD card (WARNING: it must be formatted as fat/fat32 to work). It allows a normal user to unbrick a bricked R0 or simply save his settings before a firmware update and restoring them after.

1. Using pre-made files
That's the best and easiest way to use the DRK for most users. In the firmware archive file you downloaded, there is a DRK folder. Just copy & paste it at the root (main directory) of the microSD card.
Inside this DRK folder you can see 5 files. These files are already provided WITH "_DONE" extension. This keeps them from executing automatically, it's like the OFF position. When you want to use a feature, just delete _DONE from the file name to turn it ON. After the selected feature ran on device, the file is automatically renamed with the _DONE extension.

2. Creating one's own files
This way is only recommended if you are knowledgeable enough.
Create a folder called "DRK" in the root (main) directory of the card.
Into this folder create an empty file (using Notepad for example) and name it according to the feature you want to enable (see the 5 possibilities below)
NOTE: case sensitive!!
NOTE: please remember NOT to add any extension to file name. By default Windows hides file extensions. Please enable them to be able to potentially delete the extension when you create the file.
When the feature ran on device the file is automatically renamed with a "_DONE" extension to keep it from executing automatically. Just delete this extension to execute the feature again.

Backup_settings -> saves the current settings to an automatically-created SETTINGS folder on microSD card.
Restore_settings -> restores the settings contained in the SETTINGS folder (you can restore only RadioApp.ini too, for example. In this case you just have to remove the other settings files)
Delete_settings -> removes the settings from the player
Clean_database -> deletes the library database from the player (WARN: That way it may have some problems to boot. Just retry booting it for a few times ;))
Nand_Killer -> WARN: this erases nand content (format). Removes eveything from the user memory (4-8-16 GB storage). Use it as last resort solution!!

Using several features at the same time is allowed. Just don't use strange mix like backup_settings and restore_settings ;)
After a process has run, please note that the file is renamed to _DONE. This prevents a second call to the same function ("dangerous" hehe). To reuse it, simply delete the _DONE extension.

After putting the DRK folder and the desired feature file(s) inside, please turn off the R0 and reset it (keep the power button pressed for at least 5 seconds) or press reset hole.
Turning device on WITH the microSD card inserted starts the selected process(es). Some of them need reboot so the device will automatically shut down. Simply restart it to see the result :)

NOTE: a file called DRK_debug.txt is created on microSD everytime you use DRK tool or you just insert the SD while booting.
It is not directly necessary, but it can contain useful informations to analyze problems (I hope none for the moment)

#### Credits ####

__ Lead developer, Italian Language, System Mods __

<Lorenzo92 aka MemoryN70 - memoryS60 at gmail dot com>

__ Community Manager, beta tester and French Language __

[Many thanks] <lebellium> [/Many thanks]

__ Spanish Language __

<fray_luis> and <Klakring>

__ Russian Language __

<Night_demon> and <5TORM>

...Finally thanks to abi forum too!!

#### Disclaimer ####

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

tronideco

Hola, he instalado el Hacked firmware 2.10 en mi YP-R0 y va perfecto. Tenía miedo a que se quedara bloqueado pero nada. Se ha actualizado perfectamente sin problemas.
Tengo que decir a su favor que ahora se apaga mucho mejor pues basta pulsar unos segundos el botón de encendido-apagado para que se apague totalmente y no quede en modo de espera.
También me parece muy útil la herramienta para rescatar al YP-R0 en caso de que se bloquee. Es un problema que ya me ocurrió una vez y tuve que llevarlo al servicio técnico.
Sería interesante que alguien explicara bien cómo desbloquear el aparato usando la carpeta de recuperación, pues con las intrucciones que acompaña al hacked firmware, aun no me ha quedado muy claro cómo hacerlo. Por suerte aun no me ha hecho falta pero nunca se sabe si tendré que acudir a esta herramienta.
Agradezco su trabajo a los desarrolladores de este firmware. Han hecho un buen trabajo y animo a que lo probeis.
Saludos.

tronideco

Cita de: ampherio en 26 de Julio de 2011, 06:03:24 AM
Aprovecho el hilo para deciros que si alguno quereis ponerlo en uso en redcoon este modelo (creo que es este YP-R0 o YP-RO como dice redcoon) esta muy economico:

http://www.redcoon.es/index.php/cmd/shop/a/ProductDetail/pid/B304377/cid/18017/Samsung_YP_ROJ_AB_EDC/

Yo creo que son productos ya abiertos ya que yo me compre un samsung YP-U6 bastante barato tambien y la caja estaba un poco rota por dentro por lo que tuvo que ser abierto anteriormente ya que de fabrica no se rompe la caja, aunque tengo que decir a su favor que parece nuevo y no he tenido ningún problema. (es mi opinión tal vez me toco a mi y no no pasa siempre)

Hola, acabo de comprar el reproductor a redcon. Ya tenía uno, pero por ese precio me pareció muy interesante y así tengo uno de repuesto. Sólo 25€ más gastos de envío. El primero con las mismas características me costó 69€ hace 10 meses.
Viene perfectamente precintado, la caja y el producto sin abrir y en perfecto estado. Así que me parece que he hecho una buena compra.
Comento esto porque decíais que la caja de otro producto que comprasteis en redcon venía abierta. No ha sido mi caso.
Saludos.