Panasonic SD850N & SD-Jukebox Guía de Uso Guide of Use

Iniciado por obarriel, 16 de Febrero de 2008, 12:21:16 PM

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

obarriel

Este va a ser mi primer post en Inglés. Para que pueda llegar a más usuarios internacionales, ya que el número de personas en el mundo que les pueda interesar este post es pequeño.

Let's see, if  you have  a Panasonic SD850N (or a SD950N) and you are having problems adding your music to your player you have come to the right place  :). It is really annoying because the SD850N is just an awesome player, althought the noise cancelling function does not work very well  ;-)

Panasonic SD850N ships with SD-Jukebox v6 program and as you have probably noticed, right out the box, this software doesn't work with non-japanese Windows. But I explain you three ways of adding music in your Panasonic Player:

:arrow: Installing SD-Jukebox v6. ¡Yes it is possible! I will explain how I did (for Windows XP). You must go to control panel and then open Language and Regional Configuration (I don't know how it is exactly called this setup, because I use a Spanish Win xp, not a English one). A window with three tabs will appear. All you have to do is to change every option  about language or region to Japanese/Japan. You will probably be asked to insert your Winxp install CD. Don't worry your operating system won't change its language, and once SD-Jukebox is installed you can recover the original the original configuration.

With this changes SD-Jukebox v6 will install. But remember that the program is completely in Japanese and you need some time to get used to it. Also, as all SD-Jukebox, the program is painfully slow.

:arrow: Installing SD-Jukebox v5. Here you have the links to download it (PART1 and PART2). ¡It is in English! You will be asked to enter a serial number and v6 serials won't work, I won't provide this serial. SD850n is fully usable with this SD-Jukebox and the card will be automatically recognized when you connect the player to the usb. Just note one thing: this version of the program is  not compatible with SDHC cards. with v6 they work fine.

:arrow: The last option is the easiest and fastest: not using SD-Jukebox and working as it was a MSC/UMS player. This can be done, but as we'll see later there are some drawbacks. Simply connect the player to the USB port of your computer and it will we recognized. You have to put music in this folder:

\PRIVATE\MEIGROUP\SDPLAYER\LINE_REC

You can even configure a good audio management program (such as Mediamonkey) to synchronize in that folder. The player recognizes folders and subfolders, so feel free to create them, but only 8 characters of the folder's name will be displayed. Even 320kbps MP3 audio will be played fine, without having to convert to the SD-audio format that SD-Jukebox Uses, probably AAC files also work but I haven't tested.

Some drawbacks
- Your music will be displayed in REC-FILE PLAY section of the player, not in the SD AUDIO section.
- You won't have a tag-based navigation system, just folders and subfolders.
- You will be only able to see files name, not tags.
- Some functions as playlist, musicsommelier, etc. can't be used in the record mode.

Not further problems, even using SDHC cards, I use a 16gb A-Data Card.

Final remark. If you have installed  SD-Jukebox v6 afterwards is a bit difficult to come back to V5, because even if you unistall it successfully v5 installation will crash. What I did before installing v5 is going to the register editor (regedit) and erasing all the register keys related to  SD-Jukebox (just do a search of "SD-Jukebox"). Also delete the files in COMMON FILES/PANASONIC. After this I could install v5.
Reproductores:  Sonys: X1060,S205F, S639, S545, E465, A846, HD5, HD3 y HD1, Philips HDD1830, Samsung YH-820, Olympus m:robe 500, Sansa Clip Zip, Iriver B100, MPMan F10
Auriculares: Westone UM3x
No uses mp para lo que se puede preguntar en el foro.

KaoS

:roll: Obarriel, te atreves en francés?  8-O
:banana: El foro cada vez más internacional, eso sería una gran noticia  :lol:

Salu2
Pasaba por aquí...

obarriel

Cita de: KaoS en 16 de Febrero de 2008, 04:09:41 PM
:roll: Obarriel, te atreves en francés?  8-O
:banana: El foro cada vez más internacional, eso sería una gran noticia  :lol:

Salu2

Si vous avez acheté un Panasonic SD850n (ou un SD950N) et vous avez des problèmes pour lui transferir votre musique vous avez trouvé le lieu appropié. C'est vraiment embetant parce que le SD850 est un baladeur superb, bien que l'option du cancelation du bruit ne marche pas très bien.

Pero no sigo que me sale fatal y me canso xD, bastante esfuerzo he hecho escribiéndolo en ingles :mrgreen:
Reproductores:  Sonys: X1060,S205F, S639, S545, E465, A846, HD5, HD3 y HD1, Philips HDD1830, Samsung YH-820, Olympus m:robe 500, Sansa Clip Zip, Iriver B100, MPMan F10
Auriculares: Westone UM3x
No uses mp para lo que se puede preguntar en el foro.

KaoS

Jejeje qué bueno! No paras de sorprendernos  ;-)
:dios: :dios:
Salu2
Pasaba por aquí...

grimbergen_beer

Para la calle: Cowon S9 16GB -> SoundMAGIC PL30 / Sennheiser IE8
Para casa: Gigabeat F120 Rockbox -> Bass Boost cMoy v2.0 -> Goldring DR150

Anteriores: Meizu SP 8GB (Vendido) - Sennheiser CX300 y Trekstor Vibez 12GB (Confiscados por mi pareja)